The Denver Art Museum was founded in 1893 as the Denver Artists' Club. Today it is one of the largest art museums between Chicago and the West Coast with global art collections that represent cultures around the world as well as work by artists from Denver and the Rocky Mountain region. Internationally known for its Indigenous Arts of North America collection, the museum also has one of the finest collections of Latin American Art and Art of the Ancient Americas. When the North Building opened, it was viewed as a “forerunner in the worldwide transformation of the temple-style museum into a proliferation of unprecedented and startling architectural forms." This bold tradition continued in 2000, with the selection of Daniel Libeskind for a visionary take on an expansion of the museum campus. The resulting Frederic C. Hamilton Building opened to the public in 2006. The Hamilton Building includes the museum’s major exhibition spaces for special presentations and traveling art shows while the newly opened Martin Building is home to the museum’s encyclopedic collections and innovative Learning & Engagement Center, which brings the museum’s world-renowned museum education programming for all ages to the center of the campus.